Rated 4 out of 5 by KatarinaR Runs big
Love these boots. Perfect height on the leg, too. Had to exchange the first pair I ordered and go up in size a full size to get the correct fit. Boots fit slightly narrow, so that was great for my foot. comfortable and supple.
October 22, 2016
Rated 2 out of 5 by Cort quality isn't great
- They are narrow. This is a pro because I have narrow feet and calves, but I don?t think it would work for someone with wider feet or calves. They fit me well though, true to size.
- The color is beautiful; yes it?s darker but it still reads as a nice deep merlot color.
- Leather is nice and soft.
- The bottom part of the boot seems well made
- The boot is poorly constructed on the top half. As other reviewers mention, the tongue is comically narrow and is not attached to the boot shaft at all, which means a couple things: 1. the boot is being held together only by those shoelaces, and 2. the tongue slides, so if any water does drip into the connection point between the first eyelet and your foot (or through the laces on your shins), it's going right on you.
- Since this boot doesn?t have much structure to it above the ankle and the shoelaces are the only thing holding it all together, when you walk the whole boot shaft bellows out in the center right where your leg bends. It?s a strange effect and it makes the boot look cheap when worn. I imagine it wouldn?t take long for some major wear to occur on the boot at this stress point.
- There?s hardly any back ankle support (most boots have a sturdier insert where the back of the foot fits into the boot). So there?s some ankle slip going on. It's not terrible.
- There are some questionable materials being used on the inside. The ?Ami-tex? liner is warm and soft, but it?s got an unfinished edge so you can see the foam inside. Looks cheap to leave it unfinished like that, and it seems like it would wear and fray over time. The material lining the top seams of the boot is made out of cheap fake leather and it?s sewn in with thin and loose thread stitching, so I can picture that fraying and coming apart before too long as well. The base of the boot is really nice, which is why I'm disappointed the rest of it doesn't seem to be made as well.
If you can get past that stuff, it is a very pretty boot in a gorgeous color. I expected better quality for the price, so these are going back.
October 19, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by Laurel003 Not as pictured
Color is way off; it's hard to believe that they are the same boots as in the picture. Also grommets are silver, not black as pictured -- how misleading! I will probably keep them because I have them in the burgundy color and they are very comfortable and have held up well. Also a good price on sale, but I am disappointed.
September 24, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Morg6n My favorites
These boots run slightly narrow, which are perfect for me! I am looking forward to colder weather, just so I can wear them! The side zipper makes putting them on very easy, once the initial lacing is done. I loved them so much, I bought a second pair!
September 15, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by nbr001 great boots
love the boots, great fit, but too heavy for me so returned.
May 27, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Robbi23 Warm and Functional
The color is darker than expected, but very nice. There were a few scuffs in the leather when they arrived, but I figure they're going to look distressed anyway when I wear them in the snow and rain. For the price, it's a great boot and stylish enough to wear in the city.
February 13, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Aslan I really like these boots!
My feet are hard to fit and buying boots is always a hassle, so I was worried what looked great in the catalog wouldn't be so great for my feet. I am happy to say these boots are terrific! They look great and are so comfortable!
February 11, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Grannytofourboys These boots fit great as soon as I put them on
What a relief! I needed a new pair of rain boots and was going to be in the snow for a few days too. They fit so well as soon as I put them on. I stayed warm and dry. I know some people have complained about the color being darker than the picture online. They are but I love the color anyway!
January 29, 2016